Precision machining plays an integral role in the production of firearms. The firearms sector requires an extremely close attention to detail. Parts and components produced for use in firearms must be fabricated within very tight tolerances to ensure proper functionality. Failing to meet these stringent requirements will result in a product that doesn’t work reliably or at all.
Regulations on local, state, and national levels also put heavy pressure on manufacturers to create safe and reliable firearm products. Additional complexities and requirements exist for government and defense contracts.
At South Shore Manufacturing Company, our clients turn to us for their firearm industry needs thanks to our promise of parts and accessories that are reliable, durable, safe, and compliant with all requisite laws and guidelines.
Creating High-Quality Firearm Products
We work directly with consumer firearm OEMs and military contractors to create effective and dependable firearm components. We work aggressively to meet the firearms industry’s stringent tolerances and comply with all relevant regulations. Much of our experience lies in creating components that make up the firing systems of handguns and rifles, such as:
- Firing pins
However, our team is also well-versed in the fabrication of specialized firearm accessories such as sight components. We offer specialized manufacturing services for precision gauges intended for firearm inspection. Thanks to our skilled machinists and advanced manufacturing processes such as computer numerical control (CNC) machining and wire EDM, we have the ability to meet almost any client requirement for firearms components.
South Shore Manufacturing holds a Federal Firearms License (FFL), ensuring that we meet the legal requirements necessary to work closely with OEMs and military customers on firearms projects. We leverage extensive industry experience to understand the nature of each component we manufacture and how it relates to the larger firearm design. Our team is well-versed in firearms and critical components, standard industry practices, and technical expertise.
Our staff can also advise on the best way to process finished components. If your parts could benefit from finishing or other secondary processing, the team at South Shore Manufacturing will be sure to offer helpful suggestions and push for the best-finished product possible. We are familiar with all relevant secondary machining and finishing processes for firearms applications.
For more information about South Shore Manufacturing and how we can support your firearms project with quality components and services, please contact us or request a quote today.
What Makes Us Unique
At South Shore Manufacturing, we have the expertise and equipment necessary to make custom designs come to life. By partnering with us for their precision machining needs, customers benefit from our:
- Certified supplier list. We rigorously vet our material suppliers to ensure that we receive the highest quality raw materials for our production operations. This screening translates to greater assurance that we will deliver the best possible parts and products. Upon customer request, we provide documentation for material certification.
- Expert staff. We have 13 in-house technicians who have years of technical experience in multiple fabrication processes, including EDM, water jet cutting, CNC machining, laser cutting, and laser marking and engraving.
- Multiple certifications. We maintain certifications from the American Systems Registrar (ASR) and ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) and for ISO 9001:2015, ISO 13485:2016, and AS9100D compliance, so customers can trust in the reliability, consistency, and accuracy of our products.
- Superior customer service. Our customer service team is ready to help every customer throughout the production process. They ensure strict adherence to the contract, purchase order, and design requirements. Most customer queries receive a response within 24 hours. Same day response is provided where possible.
- Pre-production services. We offer sampling and prototyping as needed. These services allow us to test for manufacturability and customers to inspect for compliance with their specifications before committing to a full production run.
- Broad machining capabilities. We take a project from initial CAD design to material sourcing to machined part. Depending on the needs of the customer, we create rough pieces that undergo secondary finishing operations at the customer’s facility or high precision parts that are 80% complete and only need their final cuts.
Altogether, these qualities allow us to deliver high quality, high accuracy products on time and at competitive prices. Whether you need a prototype or final product for your part design, we are here to help. To learn more about our manufacturing capabilities, see our services page.