South Shore Manufacturing specializes in EDM machining services, a capability that can effectively remove or cut materials from a substrate. Our focus is precision wire cutting EDM, an exceptionally accurate machining method that can achieve optimal results using thermal energy on stiff, more rigid materials that traditional tooling can’t handle.
Extensive Range of Wire EDM Machining Services
Our wire cutting service is the most cost-effective way of accomplishing complex shapes, even when hard metals and tough alloys are involved. We specialize in producing superior quality components through our range of EDM machining services, ensuring we employ the proper technique to achieve the parts needed for a particular application.
The various types of high-performance EDM machining processes we offer include:
- Fine wire EDM
- EDM drilling
- Precision wire EDM
- Wire EDM
At South Shore Manufacturing, we’re proud to provide industry-standard products to improve your bottom line. We can work on conductive and exotic materials from fine wire EDM to wire EDM service.
Some materials where wire EDM is the best option:
- Silver, Gold, and Platinum
- Copper, Brass, and Bronze Alloys
- Carbon and Stainless Steel
- Aluminum and Tin
- Inconel® and Monel®
- Iron, Nickel, and Molybdenum
If you can’t find your desired material on the list, don’t hesitate to contact us so that we can discuss your specific material requirements.
Common Applications of Wire Cutting EDM
We employ our wire EDM services to manufacture high-performance and accurate outcomes for numerous applications seamlessly and in the most demanding industries.
Some examples are as follows:
- Medical devices: Fine wire EDM is used to manufacture implants and other everyday medical devices and instrumentations.
- Aerospace components: This industry uses hard and thick metals, which is difficult to machine. Fortunately, our wire cutting service can cut through these materials with high accuracy and zero distortions.
- Prototype manufacturing: EDM machining services are easy to set up with minimal preparations. It’s an ideal capability for prototype production, especially for pre-production.
- Firearms: Firearm production requires higher accuracy due to its incredibly complex geometries. They also have extremely tight tolerances and need a machining process to deliver clear-cut results. Our precision wire EDM service can accomplish these outcomes while ensuring there are no errors in the end product.
Choose Expert EDM Machinists to Work on Your Projects
South Shore Manufacturing can help you if you want a new design to come to life or for prototyping purposes. We can produce parts and components on time with our vast range of EDM machining services and capabilities, whether it uses fine wire EDM or a simple wire EDM method.