At the hub of the medical device industry here in New England, we have had the privilege of working with a wide variety of devices and implants since the inception of the company in 1985.
We are ISO 13485 certified and work on both external instruments and internal implants. As such, it’s important to choose a manufacturer that respects the critical nature of medical devices and complies with all relevant quality and legal standards. We’ve worked closely with clients in a variety of medical fields, such as:
South Shore Manufacturing: Our Capabilities
At South Shore Manufacturing, we understand how crucial medical devices can be for saving and improving human lives. That’s why we’re dedicated to fabricating industry-leading medical devices and components designed for longevity, accuracy, and reliability. Our state-of-the-art, in-house capabilities ensure that we can create a broad range of items for the medical industry.
Medical device manufacturing is one of our core competencies at South Shore Manufacturing. We have worked closely with subcontractors and medical device OEMs on countless medical device projects since our inception in 1985. We are continuously improving and updating our capabilities, machinery, and technology on our wire EDM, waterjet cutting, and laser cutting to accommodate the stringent complexities and advancements in the medical device and implant fields.
Examples of successful medical device projects we’ve completed include:
- Components for joint replacement
- Implant components
- Surgical instruments
- Medical equipment
- Wide variety of medical, biomedical, and pharmaceutical devices and components
We have technicians on staff who have migrated from the medical device industry, which lends us invaluable expertise in the realm of medical devices. Our team knows which pitfalls to avoid, which goals to chase, and which major industry players to turn to for support.
Aside from machining and fabricating medical device parts and components, we also provide laser marking and engraving services to facilitate compliance with federal track-and-trace regulations for medical equipment.
Whether you need basic medical tools or complex components for life-saving medical devices, South Shore Manufacturing can help. Please contact us or request a quote for more information about our medical device manufacturing capabilities.
What Makes Us Unique
At South Shore Manufacturing (formally Jack’s Machine Company), we have the expertise and equipment necessary to make custom designs come to life. By partnering with us for their precision machining needs, customers benefit from our:
- Certified supplier list. We rigorously vet our material suppliers to ensure that we receive the highest quality raw materials for our production operations. This screening translates to greater assurance that we will deliver the best possible parts and products. Upon customer request, we provide documentation for material certification.
- Expert staff. We have 13 in-house technicians who have years of technical experience in multiple fabrication processes, including EDM, water jet cutting, CNC machining, laser cutting, and laser marking and engraving.
- Multiple certifications. We maintain certifications from the American Systems Registrar (ASR) and ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) and for ISO 9001:2015, ISO 13485:2016, and AS9100D compliance, so customers can trust in the reliability, consistency, and accuracy of our products.
- Superior customer service. Our customer service team is ready to help every customer throughout the production process. They ensure strict adherence to the contract, purchase order, and design requirements. Most customer queries receive a response within 24 hours. Same day response is provided where possible.
- Pre-production services. We offer sampling and prototyping as needed. These services allow us to test for manufacturability and customers to inspect for compliance with their specifications before committing to a full production run.
- Broad machining capabilities. We take a project from initial CAD design to material sourcing to machined part. Depending on the needs of the customer, we create rough pieces that undergo secondary finishing operations at the customer’s facility or high precision parts that are 80% complete and only need their final cuts.
Altogether, these qualities allow us to deliver high quality, high accuracy products on time and at competitive prices. Whether you need a prototype or final product for your part design, we are here to help. To learn more about our manufacturing capabilities, see our services page.